星期六, 5月 09, 2009

讀給你的詩-The poems for you

電影 The World Unseen Amina送給Miriam的詩集,當中被朗誦的一段,
喬治 赫伯特(George Herbert 1593—1633)英國詩人兼牧師的 "愛神 (Love)"

Love 愛神 中譯:是個好心人

Love bade me welcome; yet my soul drew back,

愛神對我表示歡迎,這可嚇退了我的靈魂

Guilty of dust and sin.

帶著負罪的愧疚,帶著浮世的灰塵;

But quick-eyed Love, observing me grow slack

From my first entrance in,

我渾身無精打彩,逃不過那雪亮的眼睛;

愛神看得一清二楚,就在我剛剛跨進大門;

Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning

If I asked anything.

愛神向我走來,愛神向我靠近;“你需要什麼?” 愛神親親熱熱向我發問。

“A guest,” I answered, “worthy to be here."

我說“需要一位嬌客,配得上做你的佳賓。

Love said, “you should be he."

愛神卻脫口而出:你就是這位客人。

“I, the unkind, ungrateful? Ah, my dear,I cannot look on thee.”

我這個人有些冷酷,我不懂知恩報恩 ,呵,親愛的我怎麼配受到你的垂青? ”

Love took my hand, and smiling, did reply,

愛神拉起我的手,笑著說這話她不贊成,

“Who made the eyes but I? “

這個世上除了我,還有誰與你眉目傳情? ”

“Truth, Lord, but I have marred them: let my shame “Go where it doth deserve.”

上帝啊,老天,我的眼睛已經毀損, 羞愧令我無地自容,我的忤逆難以容忍.

“And know you not,” says Love, “who bore the blame?”

愛神說這不是你的過錯,你不該背上這種罪名。

“My dear, then I will serve.”

親愛的, 既然如此, 那我就甘做你的僕人

“You must sit down,” says Love, “and taste my meet.”

愛神說“你且就坐,我要把你宴請。 ”

So I did sit and eat.

於是我就從命, 坐下來把愛的大餐細嚼慢品。

Miriam寄給Amina的書 內頁寫上的是葉慈的徒勞的安慰中的詩句

The Folly of Being Comforted "徒勞的安慰"

One that is ever kind said yesterday:

一位好心人昨天對我說:

"Your well-beloved's hair has threads of grey, "

你鍾愛的人,她已長出絲絲的白髮,

And little shadows come about her eyes;

淡淡的暗影在她的眼睛周圍蔓爬;

Time can but make it easier to be wise

儘管現在似乎還不大可能,可是時光

Though now it seems impossible, and so

會更容易讓你變得聰明,所以

All that you need is patience.

" 你需要的僅僅是耐心。"

Heart cries, "No,"

"不!”我的心喊道:

I have not a crump of comfort, not a grain.

“我沒有感到絲毫的安慰,

Time can but make her beauty over again:

時間只會使她的美 變得更美!

Because of that great nobleness of hers.

因為她偉大而且高貴,她一動,

The fire that stirs about her, when she stirs,

她周身的那團火,就會越發地燃勢熊熊,

Burns but more clearly. O she had not these ways

燒得更明亮。哦,她過去注視

When all the wild summer was in her gaze.

" 夏日麗景時,還不曾有這種迷人的神情。”

O heart! O heart! If she'd but turn her head,

心啊!心啊!只要她回一回頭,

You'd know the folly of being comforted.

你便知道:人們的安慰是多麼的徒勞。

再來是"I Can't Think Straight"裡,Tala寫給Leyla的詩

Every night I empty my heart,but by morning it’s full again.

Slow droplets of you seep in through the night’s soft caress.

At dawn,I overflow with thoughts of us,

An aching pleasure that gives me no respite.

Love cannot be contained,the neat packageing of desire

Splits asunder,spilling crimson through my days.

Long,languishing days that are now bruised tender with yearning,

Spent searching for a fingerprint,a scent,a breath you left behind.

沒有留言: